Sunday, October 3, 2010

The sea and I

I left the shores -
I bade it goodbye
and headed to meet the sea
to sail under the perfect sky

The sea welcomed me
embraced me in its arms
But some thing troubled it deep within
And something was just wrong.

I set out though
For a journey of my life
Trusting the sea
to take me in its side.

It was a calm sea
And all seemed well
Till came the waves
Oh! how it swelled - it swelled.
 
I met the waves
both high and low
And the rains that poured
From today to tomorrow
The chilling pricks of hail
that hit now and then
reminded me that indeed
that all was not well.

I was tossed and turned
and I feared the night
but the day was no better
with a raging storm in sight
It threw me over
But why did it hold me too?
The sea – Oh! My sea
What did I do to you?

What will my day be?
Where will my journey end?
Will I ever sail with you
Till the very end?

I sailed for days
In silence all around
Those dark gloomy days
Were so unsound

Days turned to months
And respite I knew not
But I sailed on
Why I knew not.

Was it for love
Or was it for hope
Or was it for maybe
Some reason unknown

I sailed through
Till I met the sea
Oh yes the sea
The real real sea
The sea that it was
In its truest form
Not for me or
Not for the world
But for its own self
In its purest form.

A sea that I knew not
A sea that I had never seen
A sea so different
I knew not where to begin

My end became my beginning
And I left the shores again
And bade it goodbye
For all reasons known
We now sailed along
The sea and I
Through the highs and lows
Under the perfect sky!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment